1. Этот сайт использует файлы cookie. Продолжая пользоваться данным сайтом, Вы соглашаетесь на использование нами Ваших файлов cookie. Узнать больше.

English

Тема в разделе "Разное", создана пользователем Chuviha, 19.09.02.

1. Chuviha

Chuviha Участник

Seventies_Man
    both russia and usa have criminals and terrorists and so on.. i mean americans just tryin to show how good their country is, that there's no problems and bla bla bla.. but if u get to live there - its just the same shit all across the world.. but still in some points its like 2 different worlds..
    but talking bout 9\11 - u still think that muslim terrorists made that shit?? i don't think so..
    of course i feel awful bout all the people that died, but i can't do nothin bout it..

2. Moonkan

Moonkan Гость

Warum nur Englisch ?

3. Chuviha

Chuviha Участник

pourquis pas Francais ???? guess most pepole now how to speak english...

4. Гость

Гость Гость

Denn Englisch ist die Sprache, die mehr Leute im Forum als Deutsch sprecht. Klar? ;)

Yeh. that's right Toronto is safer comparing to Moscow or NY. But how can you compare cities which are officially treated as worldcapitals with such cities as Toronto? Different money. different pace of life.

5. Seventies_Man

Seventies_Man Гость

Toronto is the 5th biggest city in North America, it's not exactly slow-paced.. In any case, Russia in general isn't safe, and it's mostly submerged in poverty, so I don't think money is a big factor.

6. Zieg

Zieg Гость

говорите по-русски, ну в крайности по-хохляцки, мы-ж языком не владеем :frustrate

7. Demiurg

Demiurg Читатель

см сабж. ;)

The volumes of financial streams play one of most significant roles in social activity of
    any city/ The more volume is the higher crime is in the city.

Just remember state Alaska - the level of crime isn't than high either cause of geografical, fifnancial and other conditions (my god... more and more difficult to express ideas in English... vanishes into thin air :( )

8. Vadim

Vadim Участник

What a bunch of crap ;) I've been in Canada (Toronto, Montreal) many times ... Same as NY and NJ ..... Just people making less money, on average ;)

9. Шурик

Шурик Участник

Have you ever been to New York?

10. Seventies_Man

Seventies_Man Гость

Why quote me comparing Toronto and Moscow and then ask about New York? I lived in the ghetto for half a year and no shit ever happened to me at night, except for drugs.:rolleyes: Also, visiting and living is different.

11. Pashok

Pashok Активный участник

Гость...

I agree with u!!!

U can't compare Moscow (the largest city in Europe, and one of the world's biggest) to Toronto. Also, u guys were talking about poverty and stuff. There are a lot of poverty in the US and Canada too. And I bet, there are more money in Moscow then in Toronto, but probably less then in NY.

But still, Moscow is a great city, because it's a capital of the great superpower country!!!

Zieg

По хохлятски не умею, да и вообще не люблю иностранные языки, говорю по англ. только потому-что приходится. И написал по англ., так как вроде бы народ здесь пишет на нём. И вообще, темы хорошие завязываются, надо бы открыть отдельную тему и обсудить всё на родном языке, не потому что мне слабо на английском, просто так душе ближе!

12. Шурик

Шурик Участник

Well, the difference is that there is very little violent crime in NY. There's no metal bars here, all residents of private homes never lock their doors........There's no fear of walking alone on the streets, ask any chick.

13. Digris

Digris Гость

Это для любителей англицкого... если кому будет интересно.

Hu's on First

The true story inside the White House...(We take you now to the Oval Office.)

George: Condi! Nice to see you. What's happening?
    Condi: Sir, I have the report here about the new leader of China.
    George: Great. Lay it on me.
    Condi: Hu is the new leader of China.
    George: That's what I want to know.
    Condi: That's what I'm telling you.
    George: That's what I'm asking you. Who is the new leader of China?
    Condi: Yes.
    George: I mean the fellow's name.
    Condi: Hu.
    George: The guy in China.
    George: The new leader of China.
    George: The Chinaman!
    Condi: Hu is leading China.
    George: Now whaddya' asking me for?
    Condi: I'm telling you Hu is leading China.
    George: Well, I'm asking you. Who is leading China?
    Condi: That's the man's name.
    George: That's who's name?
    Condi: Yes.
    George: Will you or will you not tell me the name of the new leader of China?
    Condi: Yes, sir.
    George: Yassir? Yassir Arafat is in China? I thought he was in the Middle East.
    Condi: That's correct.
    George: Then who is in China?
    George: Yassir is in China?
    Condi: No, sir.
    George: Then who is?
    George: Yassir?
    Condi: No, sir.
    George: Look, Condi. I need to know the name of the new leader of China. Get me the Secretary General of the U.N. on the phone.
    Condi: Kofi?
    George: No, thanks.
    Condi: You want Kofi?
    George: No.
    Condi: You don't want Kofi.
    George: No. But now that you mention it, I could use a glass of milk. And then get me the U.N.
    George: Not Yassir! The guy at the U.N.
    Condi: Kofi?
    George: Milk! Will you please make the call?
    Condi: And call who?
    George: Who is the guy at the U.N?
    Condi: Hu is the guy in China.
    George: Will you stay out of China?!
    George: And stay out of the Middle East! Just get me the guy at the U.N.
    Condi: Kofi.
    George: All right! With cream and two sugars. Now get on the phone.

(Condi picks up the phone.)

Condi: Rice, here.
    George: Rice? Good idea. And a couple of egg rolls, too. Maybe we should send some to the guy in China. And the Middle East. Can you get Chinese food in the Middle East?

14. Vaulter

Vaulter Активный участник

один спрашивает другого
    - как переводится "I don't know"
    - я не знаю.
    - вот и не кто не знает....:(
    вот такой бородатый анекдот, но в тему

15. Pashok

Pashok Активный участник

Digris

Прикольно:D :D :D

А Буш правда такой тупой и есть!

16. It was too LOL, thanks a lot for this topic.
    Bottoms up!
    Theme must go on!
    :cool:

17. And also it's a great idea of Chuviha.
    Respect!
    It would be better for foreigners.
    They would be able to read and understand us.
    :)

[​IMG]

18. Vaulter

so maybe to create new common topic and in it some various themes witch we will discuss only in English
    hope that iam understandible ;)

19. Vaulter, hullo!
    But also we don ' t have to forget about russian people, do they?

Let' s start our conversation!
    :help: improve our English

20. yelena

yelena Новичок

I wonder how come Chuviha covers her face with this black burqua. Is she from Afganistan or something? No offence, we are just practicing English.

21. Vaulter

what you mean "don't forget about russian people"???
    I live in Russia? so how i can ;)?
    improve? how? lessons? or tests?
    i think that only talks on english not enought to improve it, 'cause you do not learn new words, you talk with already known, don't you?

22. 70's Man

70's Man Гость

You get to observe correct grammatical structure... with some talent, one may incapsulate the patterns into what he or she may already know. I think we should have a permanent thread or a dedicated section, even, for those who support the idea. Me, I just got an English keyboard. :)

23. Demiurg

Demiurg Читатель

Wrong. Practice in conversation (oral would be better but nevertheless) is the best way to upgrade your knowledge in all aspects: lexis, grammar... In such conversations you are to learn new words as there are some guys who will defenitely use unfamiliar vocabulary. The same with the grammar.

24. burquar - it's a new word in my vocabulary.
    If I hear this word I' ll remember yelena from USA!
    Helen, thank you, be happy for ages!

:rev:

25. Chuviha

Chuviha Участник

Рыбка - Дельфинка
    And also it's a great idea of Chuviha.
    Respect!
    Рыбка - Дельфинка
    spank u very much! i apriciate that..

yelena

i will leave that one without comments ))

thats great shit about george.. damn. he's really SO DUMB! he can't rule the country , his daddy does that instead.. i mean, how can a man who can't even pronounce words correctly when he's giving a speech be a president of US? u know, when he was at Stevie Wonder's concert. ha WAVED to him !!! maybe he thought that Steve wuold see that?? damn... i hate that bitch.. (george)...

26. Red girl

Red girl Почётная

I am looking at your topics now, my dear english people....
    It is 00.00 and I must write research paper on 5 print pages IN ENGLISH.... about feminis,english and russian women...and it`s TERRIBLE....

27. yelena

yelena Новичок

One of the ways to improve English is to practice with audiotapes. Long time ago I took an intensive English course. We used a book written by T.N.Ignatova. It was a nice course. We learned commonly used phrases and contractions by repeating the words sentence by sentence.

Burqua or full veil is a large cloth wrapping a woman from head to toe. I assume Chuviha is covered down to her heels :)

I don't even care who the president is. Clinton or Bush or somebody else doesn't seem to make any difference.

28. my stupid memory

I've just read the article in one English magazine and I've met the phrase:
    Pah! That's peanuts
    I knew the meaning of "peanuts" but I forgot.

Can you help me to explain what does it mean.
    It' s not a general meaning, it' s an idiom.
    Who knows?

29. Гость

Гость Гость

that means "арахис"
    working for peanuts - работать за гроши
    :)
    это был я, DeadMan

30. 70s Man

70s Man Гость

Nuts adj. = crazy. Etc. "He's nuts!", "That's nuts!"

Using "peanuts" instead of just "nuts" is really cheesy, just how old was that magazine you read? Or was it something for kids?